- Apply & incorporate 2½" manure or compost into the vegetable's soil
- Black friday & Cyber Monday are fueled largely by deals on electronics
- Carefully inspect brick or masonry siding for cracks or missing mortar. Repair with fresh mortar or concrete caulk.
- Caulk exterior joints around window & doors.
- Check exhaust fan systems.
- Check for leaks around washing machine. A prime suspect for leaks are the water supply hose washers. Inspect hoses and replace if necessary.
- Clean basement & garage.
- Clean dishwasher, trash compactor and countertop appliances.
- Clean lampshades, light shades or globes; dust light bulbs
- Cover strawberries with several inches of straw mulch to protect flower buds during winter
- Dining furniture on sale
- Election Day
- Fertilize lawns (1 lb. N / 100 sq.') to promote root growth & encourage early green-up in the spring
- Highlight Hair
- Houses on sale
- Inspect automatic garage door opener and lubricate according to the manufacturer's directions. Make sure all bolts and screws are properly tightened and secured
- Leave the "fern-like" foliage of asparagus to stand for the winter
- Protext hybrid-tea roses with several inches of soil & straw over the winter
- Protect young trees from rabbit damage with chicken wire or hardware cloth fencing
- Quilts & blankets on sale
- Remove diseased foliage from iris & peonies to prevent problems next year
- Review insurance
- Space heaters on sale
- Stop fertilizing houseplants until spring
- Wash pillows
- Winter clothing on sale