- Bed & Bath Linens on sale
- Carpet & Flooring on sale
- Color Hair
- Check condition of exterior caulking & sealing of joints & of exterior surfaces.
- Check heating system including filters, pilot lights, & burners, & have the system serviced by a qualified professional.
- Clean refrigerator, inside & out, with mild detergent. Remove all trays and shelves, wash, & allow to dry thoroughly before replacing them. Remove old ice from ice-making tray.
- Fix squeaks in floors and stairs by applying weight to the area (having a partner stand on it works) and driving an 8d or 12d galvanized finish nail through the flooring into a floor joist or stringer. If you have access to the floor from underneath, glue and screw backs to the floor or treads and to the joist or stringer.
- Furniture on sale
- Holiday Items on sale
- Home appliances on sale
- Inspect furniture, cabinets and vanities for loose knobs, pulls and hinges. Tighten or repair as necessary. Lubricate squeaky door hinges with lightweight machine oil. Free sticky doors by trimming edges or shimming hinges with thin pieces of cardboard.
- Look for bargains on discontinued appliances and tools. Before buying, make sure that warranties are valid
- Many airlines & hotels try to entice tourists w/ deals on vacation packages after the peak of warm-weather travel in December
- New Year's
- Organize your home improvement files. Review warranties and product manuals to check on recommended maintenance for furnaces, equipment, appliances and tools. Mark your calendar to track scheduled upkeep & service.
- Rugs on sale
- Televisions & home theater on sale
- Turn Mattresses
- Wash windows, storm windows & screens
- Wax the furniture